Top 5 Melbourne Hotels For the Best Family Holiday
Melbourne is a wonderful city to visit at any time of the year. There are many fantastic Melbourne hotels to choose from when it comes to accommodating your family too. Melbourne is often tagged as the most European city in Australia and within minutes of strolling through the central business district you will understand why.
The early urban planners designed the city around a series of wide tree-lined boulevards reminiscent of some of the great European capitals and the transport system built around trams makes it easy to get anywhere fast. In fact, you can sense the pride of the city just by strolling around the streets and also get a sense of its rich history where the influx of money from the early discovery of gold is represented in the elaborate and beautiful architecture that is on display in many of the early buildings.
When planning a trip to Melbourne with your family, here are some hotels to investigate.
- Travelodge Southbank Hotel. This hotel is well located at Southbank and provides great value accommodation for families. It has three star status and you can literally walk to the Melbourne Aquarium or the Royal Botanic Gardens. It is also close to the MCG and Rod Laver arena for sporting nuts.
- Leo Pacific Hotel. If you are looking for family accommodation in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, it is hard to go past this charming hotel. There are only 60 rooms at the recent renovations had made it into a quality boutique hotel that the family will love.
- Easystay Apartments St Kilda. These serviced apartments are in fact a series of five different locations spread over three streets in St Kilda. You can walk across the road to the Ackland St cake shops or stroll down to the beach to cool off on a hot summer’s day. On Sundays, you can take the children for a walk to Luna Park and then on the way home stop off at the markets to pick up some bargains.
- Kingsgate Hotel Melbourne. Despite being built in 1926 in the traditional European style, this family friendly hotel has won several awards in the budget accommodation category. Many backpackers choose to stay here too as it is perfectly located in the heart of Melbourne city. You simply cannot get a better location and value for money.
- The Pensione Hotel Melbourne. This is another boutique hotel located in the heart of the CBD and is a great place to base yourself and your family so you can easily visit any Melbourne attraction. The building itself still maintains the original facade but it has undergone considerable renovation over the years and is now designed specifically to cater for the budget traveller.
These five Melbourne hotels will certainly whet your appetite when it comes to choosing your next family holiday in Melbourne. It just goes to show that you don’t need to spend huge sums of money on more traditional hotels when you can enjoy a holiday and comfortable surrounds and great locations.
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.